Monday, October 16, 2006

The Pumpkin Patch

I can only remember one trip to a pumpkin patch as a child. It is not a happy or an unhappy memory, I just remember I was there, it was a little muddy, and I was carrying a pumpkin. I have a vague recollection that it was kindergarten so I can't say whether I don't remember all the other fun available at the pumpkin patch, or if there was no other fun available.

At the Johnson's Farm pumpkin patch in Delaware you can:

Take a funny picture.



Find your way through a pallet maze.




Collect clothespins in the pallet maze for a prize (or in our case, walk right by the clothespins until other people tell you to collect them, and then have each of five kids start collecting pins in a different part of the maze so that it takes over an hour to figure out how many pins you need, who has which ones and to finally find all 10 pins for all 5 kids).



And pick out a pumpkin.





Quickly in the case of Marty who hit the road without a word once his work was done.



You can also play in a big swimming pool of corn kernels (sorry, no pictures).



I know we didn't do that where I grew up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home