Thursday, May 18, 2006

New Pictures

Actually they are clearly old pictures, since they are from Christmas. However, with a "Creating Web Pages" book in front of me, a great deal of help from the exceedingly well organized flickr.com, and approximately 30 tries destroying and then reconstructing my blog, now you can have a visual aid to the stories.

Unfortunately, entropy reigns today. Lauren cried for a full 15 minutes this morning because she doesn't know how to spell Playhouse Disney. It doesn't matter that I'm willing to spell it for her, she wants to know it NOW.

Aislinn began crying at 5 pm when I told her it was time to go inside and do homework (a big mistake because she was playing with older girls who, although they were not being especially nice, were paying attention to her and making her feel included). While filling in her math worksheet and alphabetizing her spelling words, she continued to wail “How could you do this to me, momma? How - could - you - do - this - to - me?” Although she would pause periodically to say “Mommy, could you bring me some Gatorade?” and then resume wailing.

Needless to say, I took a glass of wine with me when I went to give Marty a bath. Apparently the cocktail was a sign to him that he should put on a floor show.

First he lined up the rubber duckies on the side of the tub and gave them a ballet lesson (APPLAUSE). Then he did a little crazy dance to provide them with a “ROCK IT” lesson(APPLAUSE). When he was done dancing, he dunked the ducks back into the water and lined up a bunch of the bathtub letters on the side of the tub. Then he began to sing the following song at the top of his lungs:

“All the girls love to spell my name! All the girls love to spell my name! MBFREWASDGHLX spells Martin!”

When he sat back down, he looked at me with an angelic gaze and said, “Thank you, mommy. Thank you for listening to my song.”

Any time, cute boy. Who says the twos are terrible?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home