Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Wardrobe Crises

It started out as a normal day. I was cinching in the adjustable waistband of Lauren's new pants because she is about 6 inches around. The pants were pink, she was happy, and then suddenly:


Lauren: These pants are a little short

Mommy: Actually they’re supposed to be shorter…

Lauren: YOU MEAN THESE ARE CAPRIS??!!! I DON’T LIKE CAPRIS!!!!!! MOMMMYYYY!!

Mommy: They’re not capris on you because they come all the way to your shoes…

Lauren: MOMMYYY!!! I DON’T LIKE CAPRIS!!!!

Mommy: Lauren, if you can’t calm down you’re going to have a timeout before school.

Lauren: BUT I HATE CAPRIS!!!!...

Mommy: Then go change into another pair of pants that are clean.

Lauren: I’M NOT WEARING THOSE GREEN CORDUROYS!!!! I’M NOT…

Mommy: Go to your room until you can calm down.

2 minutes later

Lauren: MOMMMYY!!

Mommy: Back to your room.

5 minutes later

Lauren (grinning in a new pair of pants, not green, corduroy, or capri): I forgot about these pants.

Mommy: --- (see - I've got south patrol)


Marty spent the morning declaring that he was not going to school. He declared it all through breakfast and getting dressed, but didn’t fight back until it was time for his shoes and socks.

Marty: I don’t like these socks.

Mommy: Sure you do. They’re blue and they have yellow trucks on them (don’t be alarmed, he was wearing long pants)

Marty: I don’t like blue socks.

I went to get his sneakers and he pulled the socks off. Time for the big guns.

Mommy: If you can’t cooperate, you must need to go to school more often and learn how big boys behave.

Marty: All right. I’ll wear the blue socks.

What are the arguments against school uniforms again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home